Practical Information
Visa & Insurance



SJTU will provide students with JW 202 and admission notice. Applicants should bring the visa paperwork, admission notice, JW 202 form and a valid passport to the local Chinese embassy or consulate to apply for a short term student visa (usually the visa type “X2”). Those who are already in China need to submit a copy of the visa page, residence registration notice, and all of the above application documents to the PCB in Shanghai after registering at SJTU.

The JW 202 form and the admission notice will be sent to the applicant via an international courier within two weeks after April 30 , 2019.

* If you are a local student from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, you do not need the JW202 form.



Students who plan to attend this program should obtain insurance prior studying in China.  Each student needs to present the insurance certificate to the administrative staff on the day of registration. 

Copyright © 2016 Shanghai Jiao Tong University 沪交ICP备20160105